Top Food Blogs

Thursday 5 April 2012

Eating Paleo / Primal on a Budget!

My challenge over the next few months is to budget more when it comes to food. I have been buying cheaper cuts of meat, whatever is on special, and making the best of them. Here was my first week on my new budget.

This week's specials at the supermarket were:

Chicken Thighs - $4.99 per kg
Aged Beef Ribeye - $10.95 per kg (I have 5kg!)
Lamb Chops - $16.95 per kg
Chicken Breasts - $13.95 per kg
Salmon Fillets - $24.95 kg

On the dinner Menu we have:


Chicken thighs in slow cooker with all the leftover veges from the fridge!

Aged Beef Ribeye, Mushrooms and Salad
Lamb Chops with Steamed Veges
Salmon and Coleslaw, I got a pre-packaged one and added lots of yummy treats, tasted great (see photo)
Curry Chicken Thighs in the slow cooker with Broccoli and Carrots


This week for Policeman Peter's Lunch:

Grilled Moroccan Chicken Breast with Coleslaw
Shaved Ham - Pre packaged 100gram packs
Leftover Curry Chicken Thighs in the slow cooker with Broccoli and Carrots
Mixed raw nuts with Sea Salt
Almond Muffins
Apples

Grilled Salmon and Coleslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment