Top Food Blogs

Thursday 10 May 2012

Primal Pizza for Lunch - whoops I ate it all!

Everyone loves Pizza and those of us who eat primal are no different!

Here is my solution......

What do I need?

Two servings

Base:
Almond Meal/Flour - approx 1 cup
3 Tbsp Almond or Cashew Butter
1/3 cup egg whites (1-2 eggs)

Other:
Tomato Paste
Cheese
Herbs
Toppings of your choice - make sure the meat you use it precooked, eg chicken, to remove the moisture BUT bacon or ham which are fine as they come.




The base is simple just combine all ingredients in a bowl, add almond flour until it is a doughy consistency.

Spread the base dough on a Pizza tray or like, I use my hands to push it out. You want it to be pretty thin! It's almond so if it's too thick it will be really heavy. When I do it I make it a very thin layer that is about 1-2mm thick.

Cover in tomato paste and the rest of your toppings. Then cover with cheese and herbs (mixed is fine, of basil and oregano).

Bake for 15-20minutes at 140degrees C. Watch from about 12minutes on to make sure the base doesn't burn.




2 comments:

  1. Where is the best place to get almond flour in Christchurch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, I get almond flour online at www.nutsonline.co.nz, it is $17.99kg. If you buy the rest of your nuts there (because its super cheap and good quality, eg. 900grams raw almonds for $9.99)and keep the order under 3kg, shipping is only $7. Thanks, Sara.

      Delete