Pumpkin, Coconut and Walnut Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a standard muffin tray or use paper liners (paper is probably ideal).
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl together until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and honey/maple syrup.
- Measure dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice/nutmeg) into a sifter and slowly sift into the wet ingredients, whisking as you do so that you don’t have lumps in the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.